SEEK and the Governor's Budget
This from Prichard:
The SEEK base guarantee per pupil will go down:
- $3,903 was the original SEEK base guarantee per pupil for 2011-12
- $3,850 is the average guarantee that has actually been possible for 2011-12: schools turned out have more students than the budget expected and funding for each child had to be reduced as a result.
- $3,833 is the proposed base guarantee for 2012-13.
- $3,827 is the proposed base guarantee for 2013-14.The total funding for the SEEK base will be flat:
Why will the per pupil will go down while the total funding remains flat? Primarily, because the number of students in average daily attendance is expected to rise...
- $2.9 billion was the budget line item for 2011-12.
- $2.9 billion is the proposed budget line item for 2012-13.
- $2.9 billion is the proposed budget line item for 2013-14.